PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
CONDUCTING PUBLIC BUSINESS IN THE COVID-19 ENVIRONMENT
• Once again, the Village Election has been postponed. A new date has not been set and we will appraise residents of any additional information as we receive it.
• The Village Board has been working on the Village Budget for the 2020/2021 fiscal year. The State has not suspended the requirement for Villages with June 1 fiscal years from holding a Public Hearing on the proposed budget no later than April 15th. They have however, relaxed the open meeting law in order to accomplish this in a safe and open manner. The Village will abide by the following procedure for this process.
1. Attendance in the meeting room will be limited to 9 residents and we will observe the social distancing recommendations from the State. Persons wishing to attend should contact the Village Clerk at 518-766-3044 x0 to reserve a seat.
2. Information regarding the Public Hearings and the 2020/2021 Budget are posted on the Village Web site www.villageofnassau.org under “News and Announcements”.
3. Residents wanting to be heard on either Public Hearing Issue may send in comments in advance of the meeting via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, USPS, Village of Nassau, P O Box 452, Nassau, NY 12123, or by placing your comments in the drop box at the Village Hall. Please include the Public Hearing you want to address, Tax Cap over-ride or Village Budget and include your name and street address. Comments will be read into the record during the Public Hearing.
4. Public Hearings and the following Village Board Meeting will be recorded and made available on the Village Website as soon as practical after the meeting.
• On April 8, 2020, at 6:45PM a Public Hearing will be held on Local Law #1 allowing the Village Board to exceed the “Tax Cap”. It is a statutory requirement that this law be adopted before a budget exceeding the tax cap can be passed. The Village Board does not expect to exceed the tax cap, and the Budget being presented does not exceed the tax cap.
• On April 8, 2020, at 7:00PM a Public Hearing will be held on the proposed 2020/2021 Budget.
• On April 8, 2020, at 7:30PM the Village Board will hold its monthly meeting and adopt a Budget for the 2020/2021 fiscal year.
Please remember to remain at home and practice social distancing if you must go out in public. Keep your hands clean and away from your face.
Thank you for your understanding in this trying time and by working together we will all get though this safely.
Robert W. Valenty, Mayor
Village of Nassau